Ad Blocker Detected
We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading. We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads! We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising. Please add US to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.
Now you, too, can get that Serena Van Der Woodsen ponytail you’ve always dreamed of.
1. Stack two ponytails to give the illusion of a longer, fuller ponytail.
This trick works great on curly hair, too.
Time to throw out those extensions ASAP.
2. Do a topsy tail (inverted ponytail) and tuck the ends in to make an easy chignon.
3. For when you just want to get your hair off your neck, do an inverted ponytail on the side.
6. Knot two strands of hair for a variation on the ponytail wrap.
Full tutorial here.
7. And speaking of wrapping your pony, there’s a trick for that.
The secret is using a CURLING IRON for that tiny strand.
8. Here’s a cool trick to get the wrapped pony look, even if you don’t have any bobby pins lying around.
Watch the tutorial here.
9. Get some much needed ponytail height with a little butterfly hair clip.
11. A tiered ponytail is the most secure way to pull your hair back while exercising.
It’s the perfect hairstyle if you have long bangs or wispy layers that always seem to escape from the grip of your ponytail’s elastic.
12. If you have shorter hair, keep the back pieces from falling out by double braiding it.
It’ll also look awesome, like a cute li’l pineapple.
13. If you have side pieces that frequently fall out, braid the sides.
14. If you have thick hair, this chunky twist is a romantic variation on the side pony.
Get the tutorial here.
15. Give your ponytail that effortlessly messy look by texturizing it with dry shampoo.
16. Get Ariana Grande-level ponytail fullness with a ponytail extension.
Get the full directions here.
17. Get a little height on top, no hairspray required, by doing a half-up hairstyle first.
19. Curl your hair in, like, one minute by putting your hair into a ponytail and dividing and conquering two or three sections.
20. You don’t have to miss out on Brigitte Bardot-esque crown height if you have short hair.
Follow this tutorial to get the look.
21. And if you really don’t have enough hair for a ponytail? Stick it in a ponytail cuff.
22. Here’s a cool technique for getting all those stray baby hairs to stay in your ponytail.
23. If you’ve never quite mastered ponytail dent-free hair, there’s a product for that.
It’s called the InvisiBobble and looks like a vintage phone cord.
24. If you’ve got thick hair, just separate the bangs out to get more height at the crown.
See how she did this here.