Ad Blocker Detected
We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading. We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads! We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising. Please add US to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.
Russia or Tatooine?
1. People in the Russian city of Chelyabinsk awoke Tuesday morning to not one, not two, but three sunrises.
2. Don’t freak out. The “three suns” appearing in the dawn sky were just a result of a cool optical illusion.
3. The “halo” effect was created by sunlight reflecting through ice crystals in the freezing morning air, according to Russian state news agency Tass.
4. “In the air, there were small hexagonal ice crystals, which can not be seen with the naked eye,” Tass forecaster Galina Sheporenko said. “The sun’s rays were refracted through them. The result is an optical halo effect.”
5. Many Chelyabinsk residents shared images of the triple sunrise on social media.