Ad Blocker Detected
We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading. We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads! We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising. Please add US to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.
The winter is lovely, but when it drags on, it can be a warm welcome to break out our scrub brush in anticipation of spring cleaning. While dusting, organizing, and donating isn’t normally appealing, the weather is a motivator to start early so we can enjoy the higher temperatures when they do finally arrive.
We’ve found some of the best tips, lists, and tricks of the trade so you don’t have to exhaust yourself this time around. Let’s get cleaning!
1. Stay on track with this 10-day cleaning schedule.
2. Follow this checklist to get your bedroom feeling like an absolute oasis.
3. These homemade toilet bombs not only unclog your porcelain throne, they also clean it!
4. Sprinkle dirty grout with baking soda and spray with vinegar. Let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub it away.
5. Wipe your baseboards down with some all-purpose cleaner and finish with a once-over with a dryer sheet. This will prevent dust buildup.
6. Buff crayon right off your walls with some WD-40 and a soft cloth.
7. Mix one part vegetable oil with two parts baking soda to deep-clean your kitchen cabinets.
8. Clean your fridge out thoroughly. When you’re done, moving forward, be sure to store leftovers in stackable, matching containers. They will look more organized and keep everything fresh!
9. Clean your garbage disposal with baking soda, ice, salt, water, and finally lemons.
10. Getting a glass stovetop spotless is tough. Cover it with baking soda and then scrub it with a wet cloth that’s doused with water and dish soap.
11. Avoid running the automatic cleaning cycle on your oven and choking your house up with toxic fumes. Instead, scrub it with vinegar, baking soda, dish soap, and lemon juice.
12. Dump a packet of lemonade Kool-Aid in your dishwasher tray and run it empty. The citric acid will knock out any lingering stains or smells.
13. Cleaning your washing machine is important, so run a cycle without any clothes on hot with detergent and a cup of chlorine bleach.
After a few minutes, when it’s full, stop it and let the solution sit in the washer for about 15 minutes. Finally, let it finish and rinse. All clean!
14. You’re running a dirty iron over clean clothes — stop doing that with this cleaning trick.
15. Clean your grimy blinds with 1/4 cup of warm water, 1/2 cup of vinegar, and an old sock.
16. There’s a right way to vacuum and a wrong way to vacuum. You probably do the latter — so do I!
17. Finally, make your home smell like spring by boiling some lemon slices, rosemary, and vanilla in water.
Yayy for spring!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/spring-cleaning/