Ad Blocker Detected
We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading. We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads! We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising. Please add US to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.
Head Coach Kevin Sumlin released a statement Tuesday.
1. Update: Dec. 30, 3:26 p.m. ET
2. During the 2nd quarter of yesterday’s Liberty Bowl, a uniformed member of Texas A&M staff appears to have punched West Virginia’s Daryl Worley in the back of the head.
3. Shell backed into the Texas A&M sideline, where he was met by an angry Aggie.
4. Another Vine shows the same guy getting aggressive with West Virginia running back Andrew Buie.
5. Twitter has identified the Texas A&M coach as Michael Richardson, a former student-athlete and current assistant football coach for the school.
6. The Aggies quickly addressed Richardson’s conduct on Twitter:
As soon as Coach Sumlin was made aware of the sideline incident, the student-assistant was told to remain in locker room for 2nd half
7. On Tuesday, Head Coach Kevin Sumlin released a statement saying Richardson had been dismissed from the program:
8. On Twitter, Richardson apologized for his conduct and how he represented Texas A&M.